The healthcare industry is utilising smaller, faster, and more powerful devices. This results in concentrated heat loads which can contribute to performance issues resulting in component failure that could lead to expensive equipment being out of service and in extreme cases patient harm.
As a result of these technical enhancements, thermal management is increasing in importance.
Columbia-Staver can offer a total solutions package from a feasibility study and product analysis to design, prototyping and volume manufacture. Solutions often include state of the art heat pipes, liquid cooling, thermoelectric cooling, heat sinks and interface materials.
Columbia-Staver have in-depth knowledge of the technologies required and are familiar with the intricacies and challenges of developing products for the medical market.
- Radiology Equipment
- CT, PET, MRI, X-Ray, SPECT, and OCT Scanners
- Radiation Therapy Equipment
- Ultrasound Machines
- Bioanalysis Equipment
- PCR Thermal Cyclers (DNA Amplification)
- Blood Analysers and Bio characterization
- Bio conditioning (blood warmers, cryogenics, incubation, thermal therapy, etc.)