As technologies advance and evolve, the need for more efficient and greater cooling capacity has never been greater. Our customers’ needs for innovative thermal management solutions have never been more in-demand and diverse.
Increased Performance and Functionality
By having efficiently cooled products or devices that perform at their optimum, designers can maximise the limits of, for example, electronic switching, computer processing speed, improve energy conversion or reduce EV battery charging times.
Extend Product Lifetime Plus Increase Safety and Reliability
Optimum cooling of a product reduces thermal degradation on materials or components such as processors, circuit boards and batteries with the additional benefit of increased reliability and a safer product.
Reduced Product Size
Having a compact designed but highly efficient thermal solution allows you to reduce your overall product size or use the regained space for additional functionality.
Thermal Management Solutions for Over 50 Years
Columbia-Staver have 50 years of proven experience supporting our Tier 1 and Tier 2 customers across Europe and North America from our UK and China facilities. We provide a turn-key service, including design, thermal analysis, prototyping and volume production.
Columbia-Staver - A Proven Approach to Thermal Management
- Design and Manufacturing Expertise: Producing a high quality and efficient thermal management technology not only requires expert design knowledge, but also a full understanding of the manufacturing process.
- A Proven Track Record: Columbia-Staver have been solving some of the world’s most complex cooling requirements. Our longevity in business alone means you can be sure of our ability to succeed in providing the right solution for you. We have maintained our position as market leaders by employing the best people in their field, working to the highest standards yet remaining agile and innovative to meet the thermal market’s cooling challenges.
- Collaborative Innovation: Columba-Staver provide not just a full design to manufacturing solution, we are also pleased to work collaboratively with your design team, to produce a truly innovative cooling solution.
Thermal Management Technologies
Columbia-Staver design and manufacture a full range of thermal management technologies, including fully bespoke cooling solutions.
Technologies include Liquid Cold Plates, Two Phase Assemblies, Heat Sinks, Heat Pipes and Vapour Chambers.
Liquid Cold Plate Technology
As power levels and power densities increase, design engineers are more and more turning to liquid cooling. Columbia-Staver provide liquid cold plates in the simplest form (tube in plate) or more complex: Gun-Drilled, Dip Brazed, Vacuum Brazed, Friction stir welded and advanced extruded isothermal designs.
See Liquid Cold Plates for more information.
Two Phase Thermal Management Technology
Two phase cooling devices are becoming ever more popular with the need to spread heat and move heat to a location that it can be better dealt with. Columbia-Staver can design and manufacture two phase assemblies with both heat-pipes and vapour chambers.
See Two Phase Assemblies for more information.
Heat Sink Thermal Management Technology
Columbia-Staver are regarded as market leaders in this technology, providing heat-sinks that use the following manufacturing technologies, Stamped, Extruded, Cold Forged, Stacked, Skived and Die cast. Whatever your heat-sink requirement Columbia-Staver can provide the optimum technical and commercial solution.
See Heat Sinks for more information.
Heat Pipe Technology
A heat pipe is a simple device that depending on the application can quickly transfer heat from one point to another or it can be used as a means to spread heat, to isothermalize an uneven temperature distribution.
Talk To Our Experts
We offer a range of services including:
- Design review and optimisation
- Design for manufacture (DFM)
- CFD analysis
- Cost optimised volume production
Columbia-Staver are always happy to advise and assist you with next stage of your thermal management project, from initial enquiry to defined design and manufacturing requirements.
When you talk to us, you will be connected to a thermal engineer design expert, not a salesperson, so you can be sure that when you discuss your project details and requirements , you will be getting the right technical advice from someone who understands what is required and has many years of experience.
Contact us by:
- completing our online email form
- calling +44 (0) 1268 568 460